February 5, 2010

Birthday Surprise


Last week I had my 35th birthday and just as most birthdays come and go almost unnoticed, I thought this one would too. To my surprise this was not the case this year. First of all, I have wonderful friends who made sure to call, email and bring flowers and goodies over for me to enjoy. I was even treated to a GNO with dinner and a chick flick. I felt so LOVED and spoiled! Then a few days later I was told by Matt that on Saturday night we were going to hit the town...



I just thought this was dinner at one of my favorite restaurants but nope...
WRONG-O. When we arrived at The Purple Cafe (http://www.thepurplecafe.com)
a bunch of our friends were there waiting to for us with a big "SURPRISE!" I'm usually pretty suspicious when Matt tries to surprise me but this time I had no idea. The 10 of us dined on baked brie, bruschetta, yummy spreads like edamame and toasted walnut. Then they brought out the pizzas: potato, margherita, goat cheese and roasted mushroom, and sweet onion sausage and ricotta cheese. De-lish!





He even had a quiz to see how well everyone knows me.



After dinner, Matt took me to a dance club where we danced the night away with our friends, the Chapmans. If you know me at all, you know I LOVE to dance. It was a blast! The best 35th Birthday EVER! Thanks Babe!

5 comments:

Sarah Carlston said...

So fun...and SOOOOO wish I could have gone dancing with you!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Alisha! I'm so glad you had such a special day.

jhoopes said...

Man, you have some nice friends! Love your cute birthday pictures!

merideth said...

happy birthday. you are one gorgeous gal!!

Maria said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like you guys had fun! You guys always know how to have a good time.