July 9, 2008

Fourth of July Fun

On the 4th, we went to the Issaquah Down Home
4th of July Celebration. It was great because everything
was free! (I love that word) The kids enjoyed the
bouncy houses, the pony rides, the face painting, and of
course the Reptile Man. That evening we went to the
Fourth on the Plateau and had a picnic while listening
to 70's dance music, played catch and card games, and
downed almost an entire big bag of Skittles. Once it got
dark, we enjoyed the fireworks with two little girls on
our laps - ears covered. We are already looking forward
to next years Independence Day.


























4 comments:

Jodee said...

Cute pictures! We were there too, but didn't stay long. I loved that it was free, I actually groaned to Ronnie when I saw the bouncy houses that we were going to have to blow another 20 bucks on tickets for those things. I was so glad to hear they were all free and when madison asked which ones she could do I told her all of them, she pranced around the rest of the time chanting "it's free, it's free, yippee yippee!" Oh dear, what have I done?

Crystal said...

Sounds like a great day! Also, I see that you had an encounter with the Reptile Man. He visited our school and then we went to a family presentation. The kids could not get enough!

jhoopes said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! I loved all the pictures!

Bailey Bunch said...

It looks like you guys had a great 4th of July. I was looking at the pictures of you and you look even younger then when I met you. You age with grace, my friend. We miss you guys! I think of you often. We need to get together and catch up!