February 20, 2009

Hawaii - Day Three

DAY 3
At the beach!
We spent the morning at Hapuna Beach
soaking up the rays.  It is said
to be rated one of the top 10 
beaches in the U.S.
  


We are probably the only people
that carry around a camera with a
tripod everywhere we go.  Sometimes
I think we're a little crazy but in the end 
I'm always glad to have the memories
captured in photographs.  It's a good
thing because I have a terrible memory! 
 

  
While I chilled on the beach, Matt enjoyed the
waves and went body boarding.  It was pretty
rough out there and was tossed around a few
times paying the price with bruised ribs.


 Then we drove to Kona to do some souvenir shopping.
Along the way we stopped to get some shave ice.  
I was dying to try some to see if it compared to 
JoJo's Shave Ice in Kauai.  Not even close!  
It was truly disappointing.  At least I will be in
Kauai in May to quench my Hawaiian shave ice desire.
  


We thought our shave ice was big but you 
should have seen the LARGE.
 
  
  
I loved the contrast between the black
lava rocks and the blue water. 
Gorgeous!
 



 



  



 



This photo reminds me of Hawaii.  Us watching
the local surfers while the sun sets. 
  


What's Hawaii without a romantic kiss at sunset.
 


We didn't do much better for dinner this night either.
We ate at Outback Steakhouse (Cheese Fries!)
and then hit a movie - She's Just Not That Into You.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Hey guys..cute pictures!! It looks like you had such a good time. Alisha I love your beach cover up in the first picture. Where did you get it?

Alisha said...

Thanks Susan! I got the cover up at Ross Dress for Less. Wanna borrow it? I'll ship it to ya! :)

jhoopes said...

Okay, I loved the tables with the holes in them for the shaved-ice!! And the image of you guys carrying around a tripod on the beach! But you're right--it's worth it to have such great pictures! Still sounds like the perfect vacation...

Susan said...

Thanks for the offer to borrow your cute outfit, but I would have to be at the beach to need a beach cover up and Chicago is not very beachy this time of year unfortunately. I'll let you know next time I go.

Alisha said...

No, you definitely won't be needing it anytime soon in Chicago. Burrr! How is the moving/house hunting going? I guess I should just keep checking your blog to find out. Good luck with everything!