February 15, 2009

Hawaii - Day One

Well, it's been a week since Matt and I got back from Hawaii and I'm think I'm ready to post now.
The laundry is done, Valentine's Day is past, the school parties are over, Matt has edited the
photos and I've come to terms with the fact that Hawaii is gone and done.  Well, kind of...

DAY 1

 
When we first arrived, we checked into our hotel - Waikoloa Beach Marriott.
It was very nice and not very busy so it felt like we had the resort to ourselves.
  
  
For some reason, they thought it was our anniversary and had 
some chocolate covered strawberries sent to our room.  We didn't correct them : )
  
 That night we headed to the Luau.  
What's Hawaii without a good Luau?  
  
And sipped on some tropical drinks like virgin strawberry daiquiris.
  
Then we all headed outside to watch them dig up the pig from the pit.
I'm not sure why we went because it was disgusting!  I don't know
how anyone could eat the pork at the Luau after seeing that
poor pigs carcass lying there so lifeless and helpless.  After that
I haven't been able to eat bacon - the only meat I would eat
in my vegetarian diet. 
  
This is the second Luau we have been too in Hawaii and we've 
decided that we don't like Hawaiian buffet food.  We both
picked at what we had knowing we would get something
to eat after the show.  
Then the show began...
   
It ended with a fire dancer which was the best part of 
the whole evening.  Just amazing!
  
As we were driving up to our hotel I squealed in delight to see
that my favorite restaurant was right next door.
The Macaroni Gill!  So this is where we ran to after
the Luau.  So fabulous!
 
 And thus ended our first day in Hawaii.

2 comments:

Cathy T said...

How many days did you go for? How fun for you both! Brian and I are headed out tomorrow for Maui. His brother is getting married there so we have to go! We'll be there for a week and I just know I won't want to come back!

Alisha said...

Hi Cathy! We were there for 5 days. Pretty short but so worth it! Are you taking the boys with you to Maui? I haven't been to that island yet but I hear it's gorgeous. Enjoy every second!